Friday, February 11, 2011

Robin's Info

I moved here in 1998 to be closer to my Dad and Step-Mother. Dad was ill for a long time, and I was ready for a life change, so I left St. Petersburg, FL and have called Franklin home ever since then. Since then, I became a Realtor in 3 states, and a General Contractor in 2 States. Real Estate and Construction has been a wonderful career, and since the economy crashed, I have added internet marketing and web design to my portfolio. Someone once told me if you want something done, ask the busiest person you know. I’m not sure if that is true, but it makes sense to me.

Some of the things I really like are Birds, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Cats, Gardening, Fish (tropical), sea life, beaches, trees, plants and anything about nature. Since I found the Art Room in October, my life has become much happier. It is such a wonderful part of my life to be able to go somewhere, learn something fun, and meet wonderful people. Thank you for letting me be a part of the group! Looking forward to our get together this coming Wednesday to learn the new techniques Millie and Dorothy will be sharing!

Here is my recipe for Dump Cake:

• 1 (20 ounces) can crushed pineapple, un-drained

• 1 (21 ounces) can prepared more fruit cherry pie filling

• 1 (18.25 ounces) box yellow cake mix

• 2 sticks of butter or margarine, each cut into 12 slices

• 1/4 cup chopped nuts (your choice - optional)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
Dump un-drained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
Bake for one hour.

No comments: