Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dorothy's Info for Everyone!

My husband Richard & I built a home here in 2003 with the idea of retiring. At the time we thought it would happen pretty quickly, but as it turns out we're here part of the time and still go south to our other home in Coconut Creek, FL nearly every month. It's a very unpredictable schedule and lots of traveling.. but we always feel that the payoff in getting back to Franklin is so worth it.

Last year I very innocently went to a Make & Take at Dianne's shop, with not a clue where it would lead! I don't consider myself very artistic but I'm trying to learn all I can about paper-crafting. I've taken several classes and Dianne can vouch for the fact that I have plenty of supplies. I'd just love to learn more about what to do with them! I think I didn't get enough paper dolls when I was a kid.

I love all things "nature" ... birds, insects, trees, leaves, flowers. I love a good mystery (and other genres, too). I like bluegrass music and we have a new camper. We're excited about exploring more of our beautiful country. I crochet. I like to cook and bake (although not as much as I used to)... I like vintage (50's & 60's) and my tastes are more Art Deco than Victorian.

I'm excited about the pages you all will be creating in my book and learning new techniques. Just from the inside front covers you've put together so beautifully tells me I'm in for some amazing treats! And I'll do my best in your dictionaries, too.

EDITOR'S Note:  Dorothy has a great birthday: New Year's Eve! What fun!

No comments: